NovaThreads - The Face-Lift alternative!
A beautiful and healthy face has a "V-shape". With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, this "V-shape" gets lost. Until recently, the only way to address problems caused by facial skin laxity—such as jowls and drooping cheeks—was facelift surgery. With NovaThreads, dissolvable sutures are used to produce a subtle but visible "lift" in the skin by creating a scaffolding that supports the tissues and keep them in the "V-shape". This has the effect of pulling the skin back slightly, lifting and tightening the face.
How do Nova Threads work?
A Nova Thread lift is exactly what it sounds like. Using absorbable sutures, skin can lift and the mid and lower face can be re-contoured. The sutures are inserted into the skin and can instantly tighten and lift problem areas with volume loss like the cheeks, jowls, lips and neck, while stimulating the body to build collagen in the area where the sutures are placed. This process provides ongoing and progressive rejuvenation for the facial tissues. Patients who have a NovaThread lift will notice a gradual improvement in their skin's tone and firmness.
What can I expect during my NovaThread treatment?
- Before starting treatment, our expert injector will examine your face and discuss your goals to determine if NovaThreads is right for you.
- During the treatment, a tiny preloaded needle is used to guide the sutures into place under the skin. Your injector then leaves the thread beneath the skin when she removes the needle.
- Only local anesthetic is used and there are no visible side effects after the treatment.
- Your skin gently reacts to the threads and begins repairing itself around the suture immediately.
- A NovaThread treatment can be performed in about 45 minutes, and, if you want to, you can go right back to work afterward. Finding a trained, licensed provider is the key to a safe, effective thread lift. At Cosmetic Laser Center you are always in the hands of licensed and trained professionals.
Other common questions about NovaThreads:
Q. Am I a good candidate for NovaThreads?
The typical candidate for a NovaThreads lift is in their late 30s to early 50s. A person who is generally in good health and is just starting to notice the signs of aging may benefit the most from the subtle impact of a thread lift.
Q. Are NovaThreads Safe?
Thread lifts are considered a low-risk procedure with minimal recovery time, but side effects of redness, bruising, and swelling do occur.
Q. How much does a Nova Thread treatment Cost?
NovaThreads treatment cost is hard to estimate until you attend your first consultation. The extent of treatment will vary from one individual to another. A NovaThreads lift is dramatically less expensive than a facelift.
Q. When will I see results?
Results should be apparent right after the threads are put into place, but you may notice more in the days and weeks right after they are inserted. Some individuals enjoy long-term results for 1-2 years. For best results, we recommend combining a thread lift with other kinds of anti-aging procedures, such as ultherapy.