Styles may change but full, youthful lips are always in. In fact, lip filler is one of our most popular treatments at Cosmetic Laser Center. From dramatic volume to a subtle plump, filler can do so much for your pout. Still, lip filler is not for everyone. If you're worried about plunging into filler or are looking for a shorter-term, more subtle change. The Lip Flip might be perfect for you!
What is a Lip Flip and how does it work?
A Lip Flip uses Botox or Xeomin to "flip" the upper lip, giving the illusion of a fuller pout. The treatment itself includes a few quick injections around the lips. The Botox or Xeomin temporarily relaxes the part of the muscle over the upper lip, causing the lip to roll slightly upward so it appears more voluminous and defined. The results are subtle and beautiful. It really is a great option for those who want to enhance the shape of their lips with minimal effort.
When should you expect to see results?
It can take 7-10 days to experience the full effect and will last between 3 and 4 months.
Can any injector do this?
It's important to choose a highly trained provider. The Lip Flip is a delicate technique. It takes a high level of skill to achieve the right effect. Our nurse injectors at Cosmetic Laser Center have been trained on advanced techniques and are qualified to perform this treatment.
Lip Flip or Lip Filler? Which one is right for you?
You likely will be happy with the Lip Flip if:
- You would like to make a subtle change to your pout.
- You feel your lip disappears when you smile.
- You want fuller-looking lips but do not want additional volume
- You want a more temporary treatment (3-4 months)
Fillers are likely a better lip enhancement option if:
- You would like additional volume in the upper and/or lower lip
- You would like to address more severe vertical lip lines
- You would like to improve overall lip shape and symmetry
- You want a longer-lasting lip enhancement (6-12 months)