Laser Hair Removal - For silky smooth bare skin.
If you’re looking for a permanent solution to excessive or unwanted hair, laser hair removal is the way to go. Not only does it remove unwanted hair painlessly, it’s proven to permanently reduce hair growth (with regular treatments,) giving you a longer-lasting solution. Thanks to advances in laser technology, Cosmetic Laser Center’s laser hair removal procedure is a safe and painless alternative to outdated methods. There is no irritation, unpleasant sensation or discomfort. The procedure is administered by a state certified laser professional.
Holiday Special...50% OFF
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
Our laser hair removal treatment is a complete end-to-end procedure that gets rid of exposed hair as well as stubborn ingrowns. It’s safe for lighter skin types with dark hair and can be applied to all parts of the body—even the most sensitive areas. Laser hair removal works by using concentrated light to affect hair follicles. The hair follicle absorbs the laser, which is attracted to the hair’s melanin pigment.
What can I expect during my Laser Hair Removal treatment?
- Before starting treatment, our registered hair removal professional will discuss your goals to determine if Laser Hair Removal is right for you.
- The area to be treated should be clean shaven 24 hours before the treatment. On the day of your treatment, we ask that you are freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin. Avoid lotions, oils, creams or fragrances of any kind before coming in.
- Cosmetic Laser Center uses the latest technologies providing a pain-free treatment experience.
- How long your appointment will take depends on the size of the area being treated. Treating the upper lip takes minutes. Larger areas such as legs or back, could take up to an hour.
- Laser hair removal does not require any real downtime, most people return to their everyday activities immediately after treatment.
- Just as wearing sunscreen before the procedure is important, so is continuing to wear it after the procedure.
Other common questions about Laser Hair Removal:
Q. Am I a good candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
The pigment in the hair attracts the laser, so darker hair absorbs the laser more effectively, which is why people with dark hair and light skin are ideal candidates for laser hair removal. Patients with dark skin typically need to be treated with a special type of laser that detects the hair against their skin. Those with light hair make less ideal candidates, and they are also less likely to experience drastic results as the laser doesn’t focus well on non-pigmented hair. Laser hair removal is not effective on blonde, gray, or white hairs.
Q. How do I prepare for a Laser Hair Removal treatment?
We will provide thorough preparation instructions before your appointment. Following these instructions improves the effectiveness of the procedure and reduces the risk of side effects. Here are some common recommendations:
- Laser hair removal shouldn’t be performed on tanned skin, so stay out of tanning beds and the sun for a few days before the procedure and avoid self tanners for at least a week.
- The area to be treated should be clean shaven 24 hours before the treatment. However, you should avoid irritating the skin, so stay away from waxing and plucking.
- If you have an active infection, such as a cold sore or bacterial skin infection, the procedure should not be performed.
Q. When will I see results?
You can expect to see a reduction in the number of hairs in the treated area immediately after the procedure. Most patients see a 10 to 25 percent reduction in hair after the first treatment. It typically takes between three and eight sessions for permanent hair loss. The evaluation with our laser specialist before the procedure will give you a better idea of how many treatment sessions you may need. Also, you may need a touch-up session yearly to maintain effect.