In most parts of the country, winter weather is cold and blustery. Here in good old Wichita Falls, Texas, you never know what type of weather you'll get! One thing we know for sure is that this time of year, we tend to "hibernate" a bit! We stay inside, we cozy up, we eat... you know the drill. Let's be honest, looking our best is not always top of mind in the winter. But the truth is, winter is the perfect time to get your skin and body ready for the warmer weather!
If you spent any time last summer in the sun, you may have noticed new sunspots or other issues of concern. Maybe shaving on a daily basis has grown tiresome and time-consuming. Maybe you've noticed fine lines and wrinkles that weren’t there last year. Or maybe, just maybe all of your quarantine efforts left you with areas of stubborn fat! Whatever the concern, there is no better time than the present to work on it, and no better place than Cosmetic Laser Center!
Why Winter Provides an Amazing Opportunity for Skin Rejuvenation Treatments:
- Your summer tan has had a chance to fade - Skin rejuvenation treatments produce better results on paler skin tones. Treatments are designed to focus on precise color within the skin, such as hyperpigmentation, limiting their ability to work on tanned or darker skin tones. As we are deep in the midst of winter, your skin has had time to recover from any summer sun exposure.
- After treatment your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun - Your skin will be especially sensitive following your skin rejuvenation treatment and exposure to the sun can interfere with your results. In the winter the days are shorter and with less sunlight, we tend to spend more time indoors. As you cuddle up by the fire or tuck in with a good book, you can rest assured that you are giving your skin the TLC it needs.
- You will thank yourself for thinking ahead - Although unique to each of our patients, skin rejuvenation treatments tend to require a series of treatments. By starting in the colder months, you can complete your series in time for summer.
To learn more about our skin rejuvenation treatments, click here.
Why Winter is the Best Time for Laser Hair Removal:
- Your sun exposure is limited in the winter - In the winter months you’re far less likely to inadvertently spend too much time in the sun. Why does this matter? Like skin rejuvenation treatments, laser hair removal can’t be performed on darker skin tones or tanned skin. It isn’t even recommended for skin that’s slightly tan from self tanners or tanning beds.
- Preparation for laser hair removal is easier in the winter - Laser hair removal targets dark hair within the follicle. This means the treatment doesn’t work on areas that have been waxed, plucked or cleared with depilatory cream. These methods remove hair at the root, leaving nothing behind for the laser to focus on. During warm summer months you’re more likely to have stricter hair removal practices, making it more challenging to avoid waxing and other treatments that give you the smooth, hair-free skin you want. Going through the laser hair removal process in the winter months means you’ll be less tempted to just rip that unwanted hair out at the root.
- It could take a few months to get your desired laser hair removal results - The late fall or early winter is an ideal time to begin the laser hair removal process. By the time you finish your last session, you’ll be hair-free and swimsuit-ready just as the warm weather rolls in!
To learn more about laser hair removal, click here.
Why Winter Is the Best Time to Start Body-Sculpting Treatments:
- Summer bodies are made in the winter! - Depending on your goals, it may take a few sessions to achieve the look you want. To gain your best body by summer it makes sense to begin body-sculpting procedures during the colder months. While results may be noticeable within a couple weeks, it can take up to 3 months after your body contouring treatments to see your best results.
To learn more about our body sculpting treatments, click here.